Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bea Arthur and Sarah Carmichael




This blog has been sitting empty for several months now. We put it up when we signed up to do the Gilbert Relay For Life to raise money for the American Cancer Society. Then the ACS did something that irritated me and I didn't want to bash them while trying to raise money for them but I also was lacking my usual no-holds-barred enthusiasm. (And I was busy with other Walk Star business. Things don't just bedazzle themselves, you know!) Then in the paper this morning was the notice of the death (due to cancer) of Bea Arthur.

Lots of folks die from cancer (one of the reasons folks like us try to raise money for cancer research!) but Bea Arthur's death reminded me that it was time to get back to doing what I love. . . . being the official blogger and Logistics Lady for the Walk Stars.

Why Bea Arthur? Who is Sarah Carmichael?

It has not escaped my notice that EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED! (It has also not escaped my notice that most of the folks who truly get the interconnectedness of all tend to turn into conspiracy theorist whack jobs! But don't worry about me - I have a tight grasp on reality!)

I'll explain the connection tomorrow or the next day. For now just enjoy the video clip and please feel free to sing along with one of the greatest theme songs of all time!

No comments: